July 16, 2008
Home Exercise Tip: Multi-Plane Sports Cord Harness Squats
Multiplane Sports Cord Harness Squats: This is an excellent exercise to improve balance and functional strength in multiple planes and angles. It is also great for the weekend warrior and everyday activities. To perform this exercise correctly:
1. Begin by putting the sports cord around the torso. It is highly recommended that someone hold the other end of the sports cord at the bottom.
2. The first movement will be facing the person holding the cord. Place the hands behind the head and squat: see Prisoner Squats for correct form.
3. Repeat for a number of repetitions.
4. For the second movement, face the opposite direction of the person holding the sports cord. The person holding the cord might have to hold the cord straight out to the side. Place the hands behind the head and squat. Repeat for a number of repetitions.
5. For the third movement, face sideways: with the person holding the cord to the side of you. Place hands behind the head and squat. Repeat for a number of repetitions and switch directions.
This home exercise tip brought to you by the Personal Trainers in Dallas from Fitness Trainers To Go.
Posted by Dallas Personal Trainer at 1:27 PM