March 27, 2008
Easy Home Exercise Tip: Scissor Boat Kicks
Scissor Boat Kicks: This is a great core exercise to strengthen the core muscles, while at the same time keeping the heart rate up. To perform this exercise correctly:
1. Start out sitting on the floor with legs out in front, back straight. Place our arms out straight in a T position.
2. Lift both legs off the floor, while keeping the back straight, pushing the chest up to the ceiling, and arms still in T position.
3. Start kicking legs in a scissor motion, continuously, keeping the back straight and arms straight out to the side.
4. Perform for a timed period or for 30 to 50 repetitions.
This exercise brought to you by the Dallas personal trainers Fitness Trainers To Go.
Posted by Dallas Personal Trainer at 10:05 AM
March 14, 2008
Easy Home Exercise Tip: Foam Roller Spinal Alignment (Relaxation Exercise)
Foam Roller Spinal Alignment (Relaxation Exercise): This relaxation exercise is performed with a piece of equipment called the foam roller. Using the foam roller is a great way to warm up or cool down the muscles. It uses myofascial release to help massage tight muscles. Essentially, it is like giving yourself a massage. The spinal alignment is a great way to relax the entire back. To perform this exercise correctly:
1. Lay on the foam roller, with it parallel to your spine. The foam roller should be exactly underneath the spine. The head and hips are supported by the foam roller.
2. Lay with knees bent and feet on the floor, and arms are out to a T with palms up to stretch the chest.
3. Lay there anywhere from 2-5 minutes. Then slowly roll off the foam roller onto the floor, keeping the knees bent, feet on the floor, and arms in a T. You will feel your back slowly sink down into place.
This exercise brought to you by the Dallas personal trainers from Dallas personal trainers Fitness Trainers To Go.
Posted by Dallas Personal Trainer at 5:02 AM