January 17, 2008
Home Exercise Tips: Sports cord standing alternating shoulder press
Sports cord standing alternating shoulder press: This exercise is great to tone the shoulders and arms. It is a great way to strengthen the upper body and any overhead lifting. To perform this exercise correctly:
1. In an upright position, start with feet shoulder width apart, with the cord underneath the feet (make sure the cord is under the middle of the foot)
2. Elbows are bent at 90 degrees, with the back of the arm parallel to the floor
3. Begin the movement by pressing the right arm up to the ceiling, straightening out, but not locking the elbow. The left arm should still be in the 90-degree position.
4. Hold for a second and then lower elbow to starting position. Repeat movement with the left arm pressing up towards the ceiling, keeping the right arm in the 90-degree position. Make sure the back is not arched during movement, and stomach stays tight throughout the range of motion.
5. Also make sure you do not shrug the shoulders when you press. Shoulders stay down throughout the entire exercise.
This exercise brought to you by the Dallas personal trainer team from Fitness Trainers To Go.
Posted by Dallas Personal Trainer at 12:59 PM