October 26, 2007
Easy Home Exercise: Marching Floor Bridges
Marching Floor Bridges is great to strengthen the core, glutes, hamstrings and lower back. When performed correctly, this exercise can be beneficial to rehab lower back and weak hamstrings, and to tone the glutes. To perform this exercise correctly:
1. Lying on the back, with legs bent and feet flat on the floor, place feet about hip width apart
2. Relax the head and shoulders. Lift the right leg off the floor so that the knee is pulled in to the chest. Lift the hips up with the weight on the left leg and hold for 2 seconds
3. Repeat this time with the left knee pulled in towards the chest and the right foot on the floor, lifting the hips up and hold for 2 seconds.
4. Make sure to stay on the heels of your feet and squeeze glutes at the top
5. Slowly lower hips, without touching the ground and repeat
6. Make sure to keep stomach tight throughout range of motion
7. Perform 16-24 repetitions, alternating legs.
This exercise brought to you by Dallas Personal trainers from Fitness Trainers To Go.
Posted by Dallas Personal Trainer at 11:16 AM