March 12, 2007
Easy Home Exercise: Swimmers
Easy Home Exercise: Swimmers. This is a great exercise to strengthen the core, while providing cardiovascular endurance and at the same time involving the entire body. To perform this exercise correctly:
1. Lie on the stomach with the arms and legs extended straight in line with the body
2. Make sure to keep the head looking down so that it is in line with the body.
3. Begin by lifting the chest, arms and legs slightly off the floor keeping the head in line. The only body part touching the floor should be the trunk.
4. Lift the right arm and left leg up and then quickly alternate to the left arm and right leg. Continue in this motion at a quick pace while keeping the stomach, legs, and glutes tight throughout the motion.
5. Perform for a timed period, anywhere from 30 seconds to 2 minutes
6. Make sure not to shrug the shoulders, and also the arms and legs do not touch the floor.
This home exercise tip brought to you by the Dallas personal trainers from theDallas personal trainers Fitness Trainers To Go.
Posted by Dallas Personal Trainer at 11:50 AM
March 6, 2007
Easy Home Exercise: Stability Ball Balance Sit-and-March
Stability Ball Balance Sit and March. This exercise is excellent in strengthening the core muscles while improving balance and stability. To perform this exercise correctly begin by sitting on the stability ball, feet flat on the floor, back straight, stomach tight, shoulders squared and hands on the hips.
1. Engage the stomach muscles while lifting the right leg off the ground and hold for a second.
2. Return to starting position and repeat with the left leg.
3. Continue in a marching form for a timed or number of repetitions.
4. A key tip, find a focus point to look at while performing this exercise.
This exercise brought to you by the Dallas personal trainers from Fitness Trainers To Go.
Posted by Dallas Personal Trainer at 10:07 AM