February 2, 2007
Easy Home Exercise: Foam Roller Unstable Lunge
Easy Home Exercise: Foam Roller Unstable Lunge. This exercise is great for strengthening the lower body while providing balance/stability for the hips, knees, and ankles. To perform this exercise correctly:
1. Begin a stride length behind the foam roller while placing the front foot widthwise on the foam roller.
2. Make sure to keep both feet pointing forward, the hips and shoulders squared, and the stomach contracted throughout the range of motion.
3. Begin the motion by lowering the back knee towards the floor in a 90 degree angle, while keeping the stomach contracted make sure the knee does not touch the ground and stay on the toes on the back foot.
4. Make sure that the front leg also goes into a 90 degree angle.
5. Return to starting position and continue for 12 to 15 repetitions.
6. Repeat with other leg.
This exercise brought to you by the Dallas Personal trainers from Dallas Personal trainers Fitness Trainers To Go.
Posted by Dallas Personal Trainer at 12:19 PM