September 7, 2006
Easy Home Exercise: Bodyweight Lunge
Bodyweight Lunge. This exercise is a basic movement that provides great lower body strengthening and conditioning. To perform this exercise correctly,
1. Start with one leg out in front, making sure the knee does not pass the toes
2. Place the other leg behind you on its toes
3. Make sure that feet are pointing forward throughout the range of motion
4. Placing the hands on the hips, begin the motion by bending the back knee straight down, into a 90 degree angle. The front leg should follow, by also bending into a 90 degree angle. Never let the back knee touch the ground.
5. Hold this position for 2 seconds, and straighten legs, leaving feet in their position.
6. Repeat for 10 to 15 reps, and then switch legs.
This exercise brought to you by the Dallas Personal Trainers from Fitness Trainers To Go.
Posted by Dallas Personal Trainer at September 7, 2006 12:47 PM
TrackBack URL for this entry: