August 3, 2006
Easy Home Exercise: Core Ball Russian Twist
Core Ball Russian Twist. This exercise is great to strengthen the abdominals, obliques, and lower back muscles. It plays an important role in helping us maintain good posture, with a functional twist. To perform this exercise correctly,
1. Start out sitting on the floor, knees bent, and feet flat on the floor.
2. Hold the core ball at chest level, elbows out and shoulders down. The core ball is similar to a medicine ball or weighted ball, except it has handles on either side of the ball for functional uses.
3. Make sure the chest is up and back is straight.
4. Begin by rotating to one side and then directly to the other. Do not stop in the center.
5. Make sure that you rotate at the trunk, keeping the ball in front of the chest at all times.
6. Rotate slow and continuously.
7. If at any time the lower back begins to hurt, stop and readjust the position, keeping your chest out.
This exercise brought to you by the Dallas Personal trainers from Fitness Trainers To Go
Posted by Dallas Personal Trainer at August 3, 2006 9:55 AM
TrackBack URL for this entry: