August 1, 2006
Easy Home Exercise: Core Ball Trunk Rotation
Core Ball Trunk Rotation. This exercise is great to strengthen the abdominals, obliques, lower back, and shoulders. It plays a role in strengthening the muscles needed for your everyday lifestyle. To perform this exercise correctly:
1. Hold the core ball straight out in front of you, arms parallel to the floor. The core ball is similar to a medicine ball weighted ball, except it has handles on either side of the ball for functional uses.
2. Start in an upright position, arms out straight in front of the chest, holding the ball in hands. With your arms extended out do not lock elbows holding the ball, rotate the upper body from one side to the other in a slow and continuous motion, keeping the head looking forward throughout the range of motion.
3. Make sure your knees are slightly bent, toes are pointing straight and lower body does not move throughout the range of motion
4. Rotate as far as the upper body allows, but make sure to keep control of the resistance as you return to the starting position
5. This exercise is also a great workout for the shoulders. However make sure you keep the shoulders down throughout the exercise.
This exercise brought to you by the Dallas Personal Trainers from Fitness Trainers To Go
Posted by Dallas Personal Trainer at August 1, 2006 10:50 AM
TrackBack URL for this entry: