July 11, 2006
Easy Home Exercise: Sports Cord Standing Shoulder Press
Easy Home Exercise: Sports Cord Standing Shoulder Press. This exercise is great to tone the shoulders and arms. It is a great way to strengthen the upper body and any overhead lifting. To perform this exercise correctly:
1. In an upright position, start with feet shoulder width apart, with the cord underneath the feet make sure the cord is under the middle of the foot.
2. Elbows are bent at 90 degrees, with the back of the arm parallel to the floor
3. Begin the movement by pressing up to the ceiling, straightening out arms, but not locking the elbows.
4. Hold for a second and then lower elbows to starting position and repeat
5. Make sure the back is not arched during movement, and stomach stays tight throughout the range of motion
6. Also make sure you do not shrug the shoulders when you press. Shoulders stay down throughout the entire exercise.
This exercise brought to you by the Dallas Personal trainers from Fitness Trainers To Go
Posted by Dallas Personal Trainer at July 11, 2006 1:07 PM
TrackBack URL for this entry: