September 26, 2005
EASY HOME EXERCISE: Bodyweight Lunge with Core Ball Rotation
This exercise is a basic movement that provides great lower body strengthening and conditioning. By adding the rotation, this exercise strengthens the core muscles, making it a functional exercise. To perform this exercise correctly:
1. Start with one leg out in front, making sure the knee does not pass the toes
2. Place the other leg behind you on its toes
3. Make sure that feet are pointing forward throughout the range of motion
4. Placing the hands on core ball at chest level, begin the motion by bending the back knee straight down, into a 90-degree angle. The front leg should follow, by also bending into a 90-degree angle. Never let the back knee touch the ground.
5. While holding this position, extend the core ball directly in front of the body and rotate to the side. (Always rotate to the leg that is in front)
6. Return to starting position by straightening the legs, leaving feet in their position and bring the core ball back to the chest.
7. Repeat for 10-15 reps, and then switch legs.
8. To advance this exercise, it can be done with a walking lunge, always rotating towards the front leg.
This exercise brought to you by the Dallas Personal trainers from http://fitnesstrainerstogo.com
Posted by Dallas Personal Trainer at September 26, 2005 10:44 AM
TrackBack URL for this entry: