September 15, 2005
EASY HOME EXERCISES: Explosive Pushups
This in not only a great upper body exercise, but when performed correctly, is a great core exercise. By adding the explosiveness, it becomes a powerful and advanced movement. This exercise involves, the chest, back, triceps, shoulders, and core muscles. To perform this exercise correctly:
1. Hands shoulder width apart, with the shoulders lined up with the wrists.
2. Body straight during movement
3. Lower the body to where elbows are in 90 degree angle, inhaling on the way down.
4. As you exhale, explode up, fully extending the arms, lifting the hands off the ground
5. As you come down, go directly into the next explosive push-up
6. Make sure to keep the core muscles, glutes, legs as tight as possible and return to starting position
7. Make sure you don’t lock out the elbows
8. Remember, this is a very advanced exercise. If at any time you feel discomfort in your shoulders, arms, or hands, discontinue immediately.
This exercise brought to you by the Dallas Personal trainers from http://fitnesstrainerstogo.com
Posted by Dallas Personal Trainer at September 15, 2005 09:02 AM
TrackBack URL for this entry: