June 28, 2006
Home Cardio Exercise: Rotating-Pivoting Punches
Home Cardio Exercise: Rotating-Pivoting Punches. This is a great conditioning exercise that improves trunk flexibility, shoulder endurance and is also a great way to release stress. To perform this exercise correctly:
1. Start in an upright position with the feet pointing straight, shoulder-width apart. Make a fist with the hands and place them in front of the face.
2. Begin the movement by punching with the right hand to the left side, using trunk rotation and pivoting the right foot towards the punch. Return to starting position, repeating with the left side.
3. Make sure to pivot with every punch, but keeping the head straight at all times. Make the movements fast and explosive.
4. Advanced clients can use light weight from 1-5 lbs.
5. Repeat for a number of repetitions or a timed period.
This home cardio exercise tip brought to you by the Dallas personal trainers from Fitness Trainers To Go.