November 01, 2005
Home Cardio Exercise: Bodyweight Base Rotation
This exercise improves on rapid response and is great for conditioning the core muscles. This drill can also improve an athlete’s core performance. To perform this exercise correctly:
1. Begin with the feet shoulder width apart and a slight bend in the knees (45 degree angle). Make sure that the shoulders are squared and aligned with the body
2. Begin the movement with a small hop while rotating the hips 45 degrees to the right and the arms counter rotate to the left. Make sure the shoulders stay facing forward by only using the hips.
3. Quickly hop while rotating the hips to the left and the arms counter rotating to the right. Make sure the shoulders stay facing forward by only using the hips.
4. Pretend there is an “X” on the floor and your feet move to the ends of the “X”
5. Make sure to rotate from the trunk, not the shoulders
This home cardio exercise tip brought to you by the Dallas personal trainers from Fitness Trainers To Go.